ASSISTANT PROGRAM COORDINATOR POSITION
The America-Israel Cultural Foundation (AICF) seeks an organized self-starter to join its staff as an Assistant Program Coordinator. The successful candidate will work closely with the Executive Director, getting exposure across all the major functions of the organization, including fundraising, operations, and programming. Additionally, the position offers meaningful visibility to (and mentorship from) Board Members and some of the most influential arts and culture philanthropists in New York.
The Assistant Program Coordinator’s tasks will focus on day-to-day administrative duties but also engage in critical strategic initiatives, including coordinating key fundraising and marketing campaigns, participating in the development and rollout of new revenue generating initiatives, and supporting numerous special events.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing and implementing major mailings (spring and end of year mailing), periodic projects and small events
- Interfacing with the artists as needed to create multidisciplinary salons
- Creating AICF’s Newsletter
- Editing AICF’s monthly International E-blast and recommending featured artists
- Assisting with building out the Tarbut Society’s (young patrons arts and culture membership program) infrastructure, organizing events and cultivating and managing membership
- Supporting the Executive Director and Director of Development with grant proposals and other fundraising initiatives
- Processing and acknowledging all donations
- Assisting the Chair of the Annual Celebration Committee and overseeing elements of the annual gala concert including Mainstage Programs, and VIP Experiences
- Mapping donor relationships and creating donor prospect and action plan reports
- Managing and tracking AICF’s proprietary Total Contribution model
- Liaising with Israel office to maintain records of programs and activities
- Assisting with vendor relationships, coordinating payments and ordering supplies
- Being AICF’s representative to inbound inquiries and calls
- Coordinating contractors, temps, volunteers and interns
- Updates to the website in collaboration with our web designer
- Reconciling and maintaining financial records in collaboration with Director of Finance
This position is full time, with appropriate flexibility depending on the candidate’s needs. The successful candidate will be energetic and meticulous, have a positive outlook, and thrive in an entrepreneurial setting.
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited university
- 1-3 years minimum of professional program, fundraising, or administrative experience; advanced study of arts management, nonprofit management, or other arts and culture related subjects will be considered
- Demonstrated passion for arts, culture and/or Israel
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage work on multiple projects effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel, and Power Point) required; Experience with DonorPerfect and QuickBooks is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of social media (e.g., Facebook and Twitter), Google Drive, and MailChimp/Constant Contact
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong research and writing skills
- Analytical thinking and rapid problem-solving skills
- Background in fundraising/development a plus
- Fluency in Hebrew is a plus, but not required
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package including medical, transit subsidy, 403(B) retirement plan, and more. EOE.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.