“The photographs of Nino Herman reflect a personal tale as well as our national story” (Joel Kantor)
2000-2012 Personal consultant to an award-winning producer and director Dan Setton.
1987-1998 Photo Editor, Ma’ariv Newspaper News Desk.
1986-1990 Official Photographer of Shimon Peres, Finance and Foreign Minister.
1979-1986 Government Press Office Photographer, Prime Minister’s Office. Covered the peace process between Israel and Egypt in 1978. Accompanied Prime Ministers Shamir, Begin and Peres in Israel and abroad. Works collected in the National Photo Collection of the Government Press Office and the Ma’ariv Newspaper Archive have been widely exhibited in group exhibitions, books and other publications.
1977-1979 Founder of ZOOM77, photography agency based in Jerusalem.
1969-1971 Assistant Photographer, Efrim Kidron Studio, Tel-Aviv.
- 2017 “Notes from Tel Aviv”, Jewish community centre of Kraków”, curator: Tamar Eisen Goldstein 
- 2016 “Bamakom. The photography of Nino Herman”, The Laurie M. Tisch gallery, New York
- 2014 “Naan photo paper” at Kibbutz Gallery, curators Hamutal Friedberg and Dorit Kopit
- 2013 “Echos” at Bar Kayma Tel Aviv, curator Tchiya Herrmann
- 2012 “Not a private name, Hebrew Culture House, curator Yael Kotler Kalderon
- 2012 “Movie images” ,Jerusalem Cinemateque, curator Tchiya Herrmann
- 2011 “Between Nataf and Florentin, Eretz Israel Museum, Tel Aviv, curator Joel Kantor
- 2011 “Movie images II”, Tel Aviv Cinematheque, curator Tchiya Herrmann, advisor Udi Rosnoin
- 2009 “Anita Ice Parlor”, moments for everyone, curator Tchiya Herrmann, advisor Joel Florentin
- 2017 “Dayan family album 1908-2017”, Sturman house, curator Guy Raz.
- 2017 “Until She Did Not Know” (Ad lo Yadaa), Ben-Ami Gallery, Tel-Aviv, curator: Johanan Herson.
- 2017 “Reflection”, Modi’in-Maccabim-Re’ut artist’s house, curators: Gabi Yair, Nava Ron
- 2016 “Tel Aviv, Berlin, in transit”, Benyamini Contemporary Ceramics Center, curator: Ronit Zur
- 2016 “Bar Kochba – the historical memory and the myth of an hero, Eretz Israel Museum, curator Sara Tur-El
- 2016 “100th birthday” Yitzhak Shamir with a steel pencil, the Menachem Begin Memorial Centre and Prime Minister’s office
- 2016 “C / ABC, Landscape in three parts”, Benjamin Gallery, curator Sivan Feinsilber and Tamar Eisen
- 2016 “Homeland, MIgdal Ziv, Ramat HaChayal, curators Etty Fabian and Orit Kimmel
- 2015 “Bread and Roses” exhibition and sale, at the Shenkar College of Engineering and Design
- 2014 Art About – Israeli Worldwide Exhibition, Jewish Art exhibition, Munich, curator Li-Mor Cohen
- 2015 “Bastards” differences as creative process, at Open from Aleph Gallery, curator Kobi Carmi
- 2014 “Timeout” the Zadik Gallery Jaffa, curators Yaira Jasmin and Tsipi Menashe
- 2014 The prime Minister in slippers, at the Knesset, curator Avi Ohajon
- 2013 “Tel Aviv – Berlin in transition”, “Beit Bebyamini”, curator Ronit Zor
- 2013 A bridge to the invisible the New Akropolis, Tel Aviv, curator Ira Bess
- 2013 “Nothing” the Artists House Rishon LeZion, curators Jenifer Bloch, Chen Balili, Rafy Carmel, Ester Shoshani
- 2013 Exhibition at Bank HaPoalim, the Organization for prevention of HIV, curators Li Mor, Cohen
In his recent works, Nino Herman tries to develop a new way of seeing, one that flows between the figurative and the abstract, towards a point of confrontation that is unplanned and unscripted. His works develop out of a need to express the complexity of our inner and outer reality. While his street photography is very influenced by cinema, his landscape photographs are more influenced by the language and abstraction of painting.
052-2633536 / blog: www.nino-herman.co.il