Tel Aviv, Israel
Independent curator and art consultant, Vera Pilpoul has been active on the Israeli art scene for over a decade, as a gallery director, curator, producer of visual art exhibitions, and career mentor for independent artists.
Ms. Pilpoul has studied art history at the Tel Aviv University, the Open University, and courses in art history at the Department of Israeli Art at the Academic College of Tel Aviv-Yafo. Worked at the Florentin 45 Contemporary Art Gallery, as an assistant curator with owner /curator Gilat Nadivi. Together with Nadivi, she curated several group exhibitions and has been the curator and producer of solo and group exhibitions in Israel and abroad. From 2012-14, she was the director and curator of the Sissman Gallery of Art, Tel Aviv. At present, she also mentors emerging artists or mid-career artists, as curator and producer of art exhibitions and projects in Israel for local and international artists, as well projects for Israeli artists showing abroad.
Curator of the following exhibitions (a selection):
- Curator/Producer: Beautiful Israel (2015), Ben-Gurion International Airport
- Producer( Israel): The ÖBB exhibition “Suppressed Years – Railway and National Socialism in Austria between 1938 and 1945” at the Tel Aviv University (Jan 2017)
- Curator: Six Wings, solo exhibition of Eithan Dor Shav, Artists House, Tel Aviv, (2016)
- Curator: ‘Danko Yada’, Group Exhibition, Janko Dada Museum, Ein Hod, (2016)
- Curator and Producer: GoldMind, Art project at the FreshPaint Art Fair ( with Gilat Nadivi), Tel Aviv, (2015)
- Producer: Spirit of Israel: Art Project on Behalf of the Spirit of Israel – non-profit company for corporate social responsibility along with Jewish communities around the world, Tel Aviv (2016)
- Producer: Blocks Building Life: Art Project on behalf of the Schneider Children’s Hospital, Petah Tikva (2015).
- Curator/Producer, ‘Tracing Oblivion’, Group exhibition of Israeli artists, Memoire de L’avenir Gallery, Paris, 2015
- Curator: Mortal Women do not, Solo Exhibition of Ayelet Amrani Navon, Artists House, Tel Aviv, (2015)
- Co-Curator/Co-Producer of an exhibition with 140 participating artists from all over the world, London, 2015
- Co-Curator: Two on the Richter Scale, 2014. Curator: Florentin 45 Contemporary Art Space, Tel Aviv (with Gilat Nadivi)
- Curator and Producer: Africana-Tropicana, Art Project at the FreshPaint Art Fair, Tel Aviv (2014)
- Curator: Michael Faust/ Kiryat Hamelacha (Artisans’ Compound), Zaritzky Artists House, Tel Aviv (2014)
- Co-Curator: Sinopias of Journey, Florentin 45 Contemporary Art Space, Tel Aviv (with Gilat Nadivi).(2014)
- Co-Curator: Seashore/Shuli Halfi. Photography exhibition (2013). Rothschild 69 Gallery, Tel Aviv. (with Arie Berkowitz).
- Co-Curator: “Ash Laila” – Visual Art Project in Old Jaffa, Outdoor Exhibition (2012). (with Gilat Nadivi and Dana Gillerman)
- Curator: My Radiant Island / Orna Elstein’s independent project during the Venice Biennale (2013).
- Co-Curator (with Yehuda Altman), Beyond Illusion: Thoughts on Photography (2012). Merhav Art Space, Old Jaffa. (2012)