America-Israel Cultural Foundation launches an emergency relief fund to support professional Israeli artists living anywhere in the world undergoing extreme hardship as a result of the COVID-19 crisis. The Israeli Artist Relief Fund will grant 2,000 NIS (approx. $600) per artist. At least 100 grants will be awarded.
Artist applications for relief funding will be accepted until Oct. 7, 2020
AICF hopes to open additional grant cycles, dependent on partnerships and funding.
Eligibility (must meet all the following requirements):
● Professional artist able to demonstrate a sustained commitment to their work and career in the field;
● Currently experiencing extreme financial emergencies due to the COVID-19 pandemic;
● 21 years of age or older;
● Israeli citizen or permanent Israeli resident, Teudat Zehut number required;
● Not a current (2020-21) grant recipient of AICF
● Dance (dancers, choreographers; ballet, modern, jazz, tap, etc.)
● Design (fashion, graphic, industrial, object, all forms of architecture, jewelry, etc.)
● Film (animation, documentary, episodic, experimental, narrative, etc.)
● Music (composers, musicians; classical, contemporary, experimental, jazz, etc.)
● Theater (directing, acting, playwriting, etc.)
● Visual Art (installation, painting, performance art, photography, sculpture, sound art, video, etc.)
Determination of Need:
Applicants should demonstrate a pressing and critical need for emergency support in order to be considered. This includes an urgent need for housing, food, medicine, and/or caretaking support.
For more information and application, please read the Hebrew page.