America-Israel Cultural Foundation (AICF) provides crucial early, middle, and advanced career support to bolster the careers of the finest Israeli artists in music, dance, theater, and visual arts. AICF funds Israeli talent by opening necessary doors for young artists to develop their skills in Israel, the US, and worldwide. For over eighty years, AICF has continued to build Israel’s cultural infrastructure, and its name has become synonymous with culture in Israel.
AICF seeks a high energy, self-driven, Development Associate who has experience with many facets of fundraising. This professional reports to the Director of Development and the CEO. They hold an essential role in the organization’s fundraising, stewardship, grant and event management responsibilities. AICF offers an exciting opportunity to work with senior leaders and the Board to shape every aspect of AICF’s fundraising goals.
- Support the Director of Development (DOD) in the creation, writing and execution of fundraising initiatives including annual appeals, prospect research and other fundraising efforts to raise essential funds
- Collaborate with CEO and DOD to design initiatives to increase giving
- Manage grantmaking calendar and support the preparation, writing and submission of grant proposals and reports
- Establish and implement a cultivation and stewardship plan to move all levels of donors through the development lifecycle and pipeline
- Creatively identify exciting new ways to meaningfully engage the donor base and connect major donors with AICF’s work and impact
- Strengthen the donor experience by preparing personalized correspondences, donor updates, invitations, etc.
- Manage a portfolio of donors and prospects through cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, personally soliciting annual gifts up to $1,000
- Work with the Director of the Israeli Artist Network to enhance AICF’s monthly newsletter and to highlight the community of artists at donor-related events
- Provide staffing support (e.g., scheduling, development of materials, taking minutes) for the Board of Directors and other lay leader groups
- Manage intimate donor cultivation events and oversee AICF’s 85th Anniversary Celebration in 2024, to include planning, invitation list curation, communication plan, logistics, and run of show
Qualifications & Skills
- Strong passion and high energy for AICF’s mission, Israel, and performing arts
- 2+ years of development experience in a nonprofit fundraising function including event execution and developing and implementing new initiatives
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication and time management skills with exceptional attention to details
- Desire to work independently while performing collaborative duties with the staff and Board
- Proactive, self-driven work style with comfort managing competing priorities while adapting to change
- Pragmatic forward thinker, self-starter, comfortable in a small team environment
- Comfort speaking with high-net worth individuals and preparing development materials to support the donor relationship
- Ability to inspire others through relationships and storytelling
- Skilled in articulating and promoting AICF’s mission and impact; experience communicating complex subjects in a simple, accessible, compelling manner
- Knowledge of non-profit CRMs (DonorPerfect a plus)
- Background in PR, Communications, Marketing, Communal Engagement, a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
$50K – $60K
To apply, please submit a resume & cover letter to Julie Lyss, Evolve Giving Group: [email protected].