Study in Israel: Program for Excelling Greek Musicians
AICF Israel partners with the prominent Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) to enable talented Greek musicians to study abroad for 1-2 years at Tel Aviv University’s Buchmann-Mehta School of Music or the Jerusalem Academy of Music and Dance.
Both SNF and AICF provide generous grants toward tuition, housing, and living expenses for exceptional students accepted into these prestigious institutions. The program facilitates an artistic exchange between Israeli and Greek musicians, including artistic collaboration, performances, and masterclasses.
This is an exciting opportunity for top young Greek artists to study in Israel and take part in artistic collaborations between the two countries.
- Greek Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Between 18 – 35 years old
- Must apply and be accepted into an Israeli Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Artist Diploma International Program at Tel Aviv University’s Buchmann-Mehta School of Music or a Master’s Diploma program at Jerusalem Academy of Music and Dance.
- Eligible instruments/degree programs are according to the institution’s academic program.
The 2021-22 program is underway!
About the program
- Since 2019, this program has enabled 6 Greek students to study in prestigious music academies in Israel, working towards Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in music in double bass, guitar, clarinet, voice, and violin.
- Grants support studies at one of two Partner Academic Institutions:
- Tel Aviv University’s Buchmann-Mehta School of Music
- Jerusalem Academy of Music and Dance
- Grants cover full tuition, housing, a basic living stipend, and medical insurance for one academic year. Airfare to/from Israel, visa, the Academy/University application fees are not covered.
- Grantees gain opportunities for artistic collaborations, performances, and masterclasses through the program.
SNF additionally supports AICF’s Study Abroad Grant Program for Israeli musicians, which awards grants to 20-25 exceptional artists studying outside of Israel each year. For more information click here.
The program supports Artistic Collaborations between the two countries, which have featured partnerships between the Israeli Chamber Project, the Musical Diaries International Workshop Festival, the Greek Composers Union, BeArtive, the Municipal Conservatory of Pylaia-Chortiatis, among others.
The program is supported by The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF)